Sunday 2 August 2015

Something



Dont mean to be lovey dovey but I was watching a movie and one of the actors quoted this poem. I thought it was beautiful! Its beautiful. Rumi was beautiful haha. :) Wisdom. So much of it.



look at love


how it tangles


with the one fallen in love





look at spirit


how it fuses with earth


giving it new life





why are you so busy


with this or that or good or bad


pay attention to how things blend





why talk about all


the known and the unknown


see how the unknown merges into the known





why think seperately

of this life and the next when one is born from the last





look at your heart and tongue


one feels but deaf and dumb


the other speaks in words and signs





look at water and fire


earth and wind


enemies and friends all at once





the wolf and the lamb


the lion and the deer


far away yet together





look at the unity of this


spring and winter


manifested in the equinox





you too must mingle my friends


since the earth and the sky


are mingled just for you and me





be like sugarcane


sweet yet silent


don’t get mixed up with bitter words





my beloved grows


right out of my own heart


how much more union can there be




come on sweetheart


let’s adore one another


before there is no more


of you and me





a mirror tells the truth


look at your grim face


brighten up and cast away


your bitter smile





a generous friend


gives life for a friend


let’s rise above this


animalistic behavior


and be kind to one another





spite darkens friendships


why not cast away


malice from our heart





once you think of me


dead and gone


you will make up with me


you will miss me


you may even adore me





why be a worshiper of the dead


think of me as a goner


come and make up now





since you will come


and throw kisses


at my tombstone later


why not give them to me now


this is me


that same person





i may talk too much


but my heart is silence


what else can i do


i am condemned to live this life





i’ve come again


like a new year


to crash the gate


of this old prison





i’ve come again


to break the teeth and claws


of this man-eating


monster we call life





i’ve come again


to puncture the


glory of the cosmos


who mercilessly


destroys humans





i am the falcon


hunting down the birds


of black omen


before their flights





i gave my word


at the outset to


give my life


with no qualms


i pray to the Lord


to break my back


before i break my word





how do you dare to


let someone like me


intoxicated with love


enter your house





you must know better


if i enter


i’ll break all this and


destroy all that





if the sheriff arrives


i’ll throw the wine


in his face


if your gatekeeper


pulls my hand


i’ll break his arm





if the heavens don’t go round


to my heart’s desire


i’ll crush its wheels and


pull out its roots



you have set up


a colorful table


calling it life and


asked me to your feast


but punish me if


i enjoy myself




what tyranny is this




you mustn’t be afraid of death


you’re a deathless soul


you can’t be kept in a dark grave


you’re filled with God’s glow





be happy with your beloved


you can’t find any better


the world will shimmer


because of the diamond you hold



when your heart is immersed


in this blissful love


you can easily endure


any bitter face around





in the absence of malice


there is nothing but


happiness and good times


don’t dwell in sorrow my friend



- Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi



Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment